BIOFLX CROWNS: SMARTER WAY OF DOING PEDIATRIC CROWNS
Dr. Mukul.S. Jain is a paediatric and preventive dentist from India with Masters degree from Pacific University in the year 2014. He runs a exclusive paediatric dental practice in Mumbai
He is the inventor of:
– smart pediatric zirconia crowns “Kids-e-Crowns”
– pre-formed space maintainers “e-space maintainers” and
– worlds first self-adaptable, semi adjustable and flexible esthetic pediatric crowns “Bioflx crowns”
He is an author of chapter “Zirconia crowns in Paediatric dentistry” in Textbook of pediatric dentistry, by Dr Nikhil Marwah, 4th Edition. He has conducted more then 100 CDE programmes and lectures on various paediatric dentistry topics both nationally and internationally.
The biggest challenge in Pediatric dentistry is managing child’s behavior and fulfilling parent’s expectations. To overcome such challenges we need faster techniques and natural looking restorations.
Bioflx crowns are world’s first flexible durable pre formed pediatric crowns which offer properties of both stainless steel crowns and zirconia crowns. They can be easily placed and are natural looking like primary teeth. There are self-adaptable to the occlusal forces with good abrasion resistance and load bearing capacity. They can be trimmed and adjusted according to the tooth to be crowned. Bioflx crowns are a smart solution for a pediatric dentist for a life like long lasting full coverage restoration
The lecture will have details of the design, technique and clinical cases followed by a video demonstration and hands on of the technique of pre formed Bioflx crowns.
- To evaluate and diagnose a case of full coverage restorations
- To explain the newer dental materials and techniques in paediatric dentistry
- To compare and critically evaluate stainless steel, zirconia and Bioflx crowns
- To master the technique of bioflx crowns
- To discuss clinical problems faced while doing pediatric crowns